Nothing to worry for “HTTP 404 error in Wamp Server” problem. After install wamp server, when you run wamp server it’ll change green color icon in taskbar. But when you are going http://localhost/ it’ll show “HTTP Error 404”.
Causes for ‘HTTP 404 error in wamp server – page not found’:
This problem happening for Port issue. You may be install some services which one taking Port 80. Like,
IIS Express Web Server
Some Torrent Clients
So only ‘HTTP 404 error page not found’ happening.
You have to change your wamp server Port number. Just do following simple steps,
Open httpd.conf file
Change Listen 80
Change ServerName localhost:80
After run your wamp server, left click taskbar Wamp green icon. Then go-to Apache->httpd.conf
(Otherwise open like: C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\conf )
There, Line number 46 having “Listen 80”.
Just replace 80 as “81” like
And Line number 171 having “ServerName localhost:80”.
Just replace with same number as you used Line number 46. Like,
And save this file.
Just restart your Apache or Wamp then use URL like following,
http://127.0.0.0:81/ ( here 127.0.0.0: is your wamp IP )
1) Make sure your wamp running fine.
2) After change ’81’ it’s not working means just try with another number. like, 82, 8181,…
3) If you are using only ‘Skype’ from that list, better you having Nice SolutionS.
For Doubt / Wishes / improvement just Comment here…
Latest posts by KarSho (see all)
- WAMP shows error ‘VCRUNTIME140.dll’ is missing and won’t turn green - September 9, 2017
- How to Install Android Studio on Windows step by step - July 18, 2017