Install Homebrew (BREW) on Mac OS X
Homebrew is a package management software, and it is free/open source on Mac OS X. Homebrew is written in Ruby Language. It is by default installed at
/usr/local path. Ok, no need ‘bla bla bla…‘
ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
Uses of Homebrew
Using Homebrew we can install/uninstall or update the following software on Mac OS X. Not only this things, it’s more…
- And so on…
How to use Homebrew for Install software?
- brew install [software-keyword]
brew install postgresql
How to use Homebrew for Un-install software?
- brew uninstall [software-keyword]
brew uninstall postgresql
How to use Homebrew for Upgrade software?
- brew upgrade [software-keyword]
brew upgrade postgresql
Homebrew Cask which is an external command allowing installation of GUI applications, as well as “taps” dedicated to specific areas or programming languages like Homebrew PHP. For more
How to Install Homebrew (BREW) on Mac OS X?
Latest posts by KarSho (see all)
- WAMP shows error ‘VCRUNTIME140.dll’ is missing and won’t turn green - September 9, 2017
- How to Install Android Studio on Windows step by step - July 18, 2017